Last two overs made the difference: Harbhajan
Chennai: The two wickets by James Franklin in the 19th over set up victory for Mumbai Indians, according to skipper Harbhajan Singh who also praised Lasith Malinga for his haul of four wickets against Somerset in the semi-finals of the Champions League T20 tournament here Saturday.
Mumbai Indians, who made 160 for 5, won by 10 runs, but not before surviving some anxious moments as Somerset came within shouting distance of winning before losing four wickets in the last two overs.
"It was a better wicket than what we played on earlier. We batted quite well except for in the middle overs. Pollard, Sathish Rajagopal and Suyra Kumar Yadav scored important runs at the finish.”
"Malinga and Franklin bowled fantastic two overs. I asked Franklin to bowl the 19th over because he was bowling the right length and he had bowled a lot in the nets. It paid off," said Harbhajan.
His counterpart Alfonso Thomas was obviously disappointed, but preferred to look at the positives as his team came through the qualifying competition to reach the semi-finals.
"I thought we could win, but it was quality bowling by Malinga. What can you say? As for our team, a few youngsters came through. We take back fond memories," said Thomas.
Man of the Match Malinga said: "I knew that the first three overs were important and I did my best and took two wickets. In the last over, I tried some variations and they worked, but Franklin took two wickets in the 19th and I knew that 15 off my last over would be difficult."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail