Latif backs Miandad as Pak team`s battling consultant
Karachi: Former wicket-keeper and Pakistan captain Rashid Latif has said that his predecessor Javed Miandad should be appointed as the national team`s batting coach.
The PCB has been on the lookout for a batting coach and had appointed Inzamam-ul-Haq as interim consultant.
Stating that Miandad`s knowledge and batting skills are not being utilised properly, Latif said Miandad is deserving and capable enough to give specialized training to the Pakistan batsmen and guide them in the right direction.
He added that Miandad is being paid a million and the money would be of no use if someone else plays the coach instead of him.
Miandad, a veteran of 124 Tests and 237 one-day and also a former coach, had to leave his post due to issues with the board and within the team. He reportedly wants a bigger position and say in the national team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing