Laxman felicitated by KSCA
Bangalore: Recently-retired Indian cricketer VVS Laxman was today felicitated by the Karnataka State Cricket Association and insisted that his decision to retire despite being named in the squad is correct.
"The decision I took was the correct decision," Laxman said at a felicitation ceremony which was organised during the tea break on the third day of the ongoing India-New Zealand second Test here.
Laxman was picked for the series but decided to call it quits, insisting that he was guided by his inner voice even though there was speculation that the right-hander was unhappy with the selectors.
Asked if he would want to be a part of the side, Laxman merely stated, "The Indians have done fantastically in the last two matches they played. They bowled well in both the matches and hopefully they will finish the game by tomorrow evening. So, I wish them all the very best.
"It was my honour to play for the country. I would also like to thank Anil (Kumble) and the members of KSCA for felicitating me over here."
On what lies ahead for him, Laxman said, "At the moment I am looking forward to the Ranji Trophy because I have not played too much for Hyderabad since 2000.
"So. I thought it is my moral responsibility to give something back to Hyderabad cricket. I am preparing for Ranji Trophy and will play for Hyderabad in Ranji."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena