Left-hander Alam shocked over Pak World Cup squad omission
London: Having ended 2010 as Pakistan’s third highest run scorer in ODIs, Fawad Alam and his fans were both surprised and stunned over his non-selection in the Pakistan World Cup squad.
Speaking exclusively to a news source, Fawad stated “It was certainly shocking news for me as I was a regular member of the squad until then. What can I say about this except that whatever Allah does is for one’s own good.”
Fawad - who has scored 603 runs at an average of 37.68 in 27 ODI matches - had been a regular name in Pakistan’s One Day side last year, till the ODI series against South Africa in the UAE.
However, after bagging a couple of low scores in the last two matches of the series and a failure in the first T20 against New Zealand soon after, Fawad found himself out of favour with the selectors.
“Like every other player, it was my dream to play at the World Cup. So, I am definitely sad and disappointed at missing the tournament” he said.
Fawad whose exclusion had been attributed to a “lack of form” by Chief Selector Mohsin Khan, further added “I don’t know the reason for my omission. All I know is that God must have done it for my own good.”
Instead of dwelling on the negatives, the former Pakistan "A" captain is in a positive frame of mind and is determined to win back his spot in the national team.
“One must always remain positive. There are certain things that are beyond one’s control. You do not get what you are not destined to get!”
“However I am working very hard and I’m confident of returning to the team soon,” he added.
The Karachi-based left-hander now wants to establish himself as an all-rounder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog