Legends Thomson, Walters fear Oz will get ‘arses kicked’ in 2013 Ashes
Sydney: Legends Jeff Thomson and Doug Walters believe Australia will get their arses kicked in next years Ashes unless they find quality batsmen soon to face England bowlers. The pair warned the old enemy would start warm favourite’s to retain the prized urn with back-to-back Ashes series next year. “We`re in a bit of (batting) disarray at the moment.
The only bloke who`s doing okay is Clarkey (captain Michael Clarke) himself,” News.com.au quoted Thomson, as saying. “And our bowlers have shown flashes, but keep dropping out and in. England, meanwhile, are beating India on their own dung heap and doing it really well,” he added. “They are coasting, they are getting runs, they are getting wickets and we`re going to get our arse kicked if we keep doing what we are at the moment when we have to front up in a double-whammy Test series,” he said.
Meanwhile, Walters added: “We need three batsmen, three very good batsmen. We have a fast-bowling farm around Australia, but that farm does not grow batsmen.” “And there`s no better time for a young kid to put his hand up and say, ``I`m gonna do what Michael Clarke has done this year and make a lot of runs ... so pick me’,” he added. “We``re not gonna beat England unless we find another couple of young and very successful batsmen and very quickly. Where we`re going to find them, I don`t know,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress