Lehmann charged by CA for questioning Samuels’ bowling action
Johannesburg: Big Bash League (BBL) team Brisbane Heat’s coach Darren Lehmann has been charged by Cricket Australia (CA) for violating its behaviour code following his remarks on West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels’ bowling action.
Lehmann made the remarks after the Heat``s loss to the Melbourne Renegades in Australia``s Twenty20 Big Bash League on Saturday, Sport24 reports.
The former Australian all rounder had said that Samuels couldn`t bowl in the IPL (Indian Premier League) last year, but is allowed to bowl in the ongoing BBL, and the authorities needed to look into the matter, it reported.
Samuels has endured a turbulent career in which his bowling has often come under scrutiny and he was banned from bowling in the IPL this year when reported for a suspect action, the paper said.
CA said that under its rules a player or official must not denigrate or criticise another player or denigrate or criticise an official, umpire, referee or team against which they have played or will play, it further added.
CA said they wouldn’t make any further comment on this issue since the matter is infront of the commissioner now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion