Lehmann may join Pakistan team as batting consultant
Karachi: The PCB is looking to appoint former Australian cricketer Darren Lehmann as a batting consultant for Pakistan`s tour of England, later this year.
"Lehmann should join the team in late May after the Indian Premier League. He will join the team when they are playing ODIs against Ireland and Scotland and before they go to England for the Champions Trophy," a PCB source told PTI informing that the burly Aussie has agreed in principle.
Pakistan is due to play a series of ODIs against Ireland and Scotland in May before the Champions Trophy.
"The two parties will decide after the Champions Trophy whether they should sign an extended contract," the source added.
Lehmann had made it clear in the past about his reservations over the security situation in Pakistan so he is unlikely to work with the players in Pakistan but could work out a arrangement where accompanies the team on their foreign tours.
Lehmann, 44, who played 27 tests and 117 one-day internationals has taken to coaching after his retirement and is currently the coach of Kings XI Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price