Leicestershire lose Ramnaresh Sarwan to back injury
London: Leicestershire captain Ramnaresh Sarwan has been obliged to return home to the West Indies in order to recover from a back injury, the English county announced on Wednesday.
"I am naturally very disappointed to have had my season cut short at Grace Road this season," said Sarwan, 34, who has has played just five times in the County Championship this year.
"I am confident that this time to recuperate and undergo my rehab will give me the best possible chance of representing the West Indies in next year`s ODI World Cup and I have my eyes set on returning to county cricket in 2015."
New Zealand veteran Scott Styris will replace Sarwan in Leicestershire`s squad for the domestic 50-over cup competition the Royal London One-Day Cup after agreeing to extend his stay with the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report