Leicestershire lose Ramnaresh Sarwan to back injury
London: Leicestershire captain Ramnaresh Sarwan has been obliged to return home to the West Indies in order to recover from a back injury, the English county announced on Wednesday.
"I am naturally very disappointed to have had my season cut short at Grace Road this season," said Sarwan, 34, who has has played just five times in the County Championship this year.
"I am confident that this time to recuperate and undergo my rehab will give me the best possible chance of representing the West Indies in next year`s ODI World Cup and I have my eyes set on returning to county cricket in 2015."
New Zealand veteran Scott Styris will replace Sarwan in Leicestershire`s squad for the domestic 50-over cup competition the Royal London One-Day Cup after agreeing to extend his stay with the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill