Leicestershire lose Ramnaresh Sarwan to back injury
London: Leicestershire captain Ramnaresh Sarwan has been obliged to return home to the West Indies in order to recover from a back injury, the English county announced on Wednesday.
"I am naturally very disappointed to have had my season cut short at Grace Road this season," said Sarwan, 34, who has has played just five times in the County Championship this year.
"I am confident that this time to recuperate and undergo my rehab will give me the best possible chance of representing the West Indies in next year`s ODI World Cup and I have my eyes set on returning to county cricket in 2015."
New Zealand veteran Scott Styris will replace Sarwan in Leicestershire`s squad for the domestic 50-over cup competition the Royal London One-Day Cup after agreeing to extend his stay with the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city