Leicestershire to provide cover for Ramnaresh Sarwan
Leicestershire (England): English county side Leicestershire plans to sign a new overseas player this week to cover for recalled West Indies middle-order batsman Ramnaresh Sarwan.
The 32-year-old Guyanese batsman will start the new season with Leicestershire but could miss as many as seven County Championship matches while on West Indies duty.
Sarwan signed a three-year contract with the English club last season but was surprisingly recalled to the West Indies squad for the Australia tour in February.
Sarwan experienced a disastrous return to international cricket after an absence of nearly two years with a series of low scores including at least three ducks.
The classy batsman, who seems to have rekindled his form following recent high scores, is likely to be included in the West Indies squad for the Champions Trophy in England later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj