Levi stars in an easy South African win over Zimbabwe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Harare: Richard Levi powered South Africa to a crucial victory over Zimbabwe with a solid 30-ball 54 in the 6th match of the Zimbabwe Twenty20 Triangular Series at the Harare Cricket club as Proteas chased down 124 runs with the loss of four wickets in under 18 overs.
Chasing a modest target of 124 to win, Richard started hammering the Zimbabwe bowlers after captain Hashim Amla went for a second ball duck. Justin Ontong, who came in second down scored a stable 24 off 32 balls with included just one boundary as he took the best spot in the house to witness Levi’s onslaught.
South Africa reached the target in 17. 4 overs with Behardien (19*) and A Morkel (6*) finishing of the job with ease.
Earlier in the day, Zimbabwe who won the toss elected to bat first. Opener Hamilton Maskadza scored a breezy 36 runs off 30 balls. But the middle order failed to fire as Sibanda (9), Taylor (1), Waller (0) and Chigumbura (5) faield to reach double figure mark as medium pacer Wayne Parnell took three wickets with an economy of 4 rpo.
It was some late hitting by Graeme Cremer who scored 36 runs off 27 balls in the death overs that ensured that the hosts put up a decent total on board.
With this victory, South Africa moved on to the final of the triangular series to face Zimbabwe on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt