Levi stars in an easy South African win over Zimbabwe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Harare: Richard Levi powered South Africa to a crucial victory over Zimbabwe with a solid 30-ball 54 in the 6th match of the Zimbabwe Twenty20 Triangular Series at the Harare Cricket club as Proteas chased down 124 runs with the loss of four wickets in under 18 overs.
Chasing a modest target of 124 to win, Richard started hammering the Zimbabwe bowlers after captain Hashim Amla went for a second ball duck. Justin Ontong, who came in second down scored a stable 24 off 32 balls with included just one boundary as he took the best spot in the house to witness Levi’s onslaught.
South Africa reached the target in 17. 4 overs with Behardien (19*) and A Morkel (6*) finishing of the job with ease.
Earlier in the day, Zimbabwe who won the toss elected to bat first. Opener Hamilton Maskadza scored a breezy 36 runs off 30 balls. But the middle order failed to fire as Sibanda (9), Taylor (1), Waller (0) and Chigumbura (5) faield to reach double figure mark as medium pacer Wayne Parnell took three wickets with an economy of 4 rpo.
It was some late hitting by Graeme Cremer who scored 36 runs off 27 balls in the death overs that ensured that the hosts put up a decent total on board.
With this victory, South Africa moved on to the final of the triangular series to face Zimbabwe on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM