Light showers at Mohali, more rains forecast on Thursday
Mohali: Ahead of South Africa-Netherlands league encounter of the cricket World Cup on Thursday, Mohali and its surrounding areas received light showers on Wednesday with Chandigarh Meteorological Department predicting more rains on Thursday.
After days of mainly inclement weather, sun shone brightly this morning but it proved short-lived and dark clouds were back in the afternoon.
According to local weather forecast for Wednesday issued by the MeT department in Chandigarh, there would be generally cloudy sky, with possibility of light rains or thunder showers.
The weather forecast for tomorrow for Punjab and neighbouring Haryana is light to moderate rain and thunder showers may occur at a few places.
Hailstorm or thunder squall with wind speed exceeding 45 kmph is also likely to occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana tomorrow, a MeT official said, adding that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbances that was active over North Pakistan and adjoining Jammu and Kashmir.
Punjab Cricket Association curator Daljeet Singh said he was hoping that the weather would clear up paving way for a good game of cricket tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal