Limacol named CPL T20 title sponsors
Georgetown (Guyana):Limacol has been announced as title sponsors of the first ever Caribbean Premier T29 League (CPL) scheduled to get underway next month.
Limacol is a product of the Guyana Pharmaceutical Company (GPC), franchise owner of the Guyana Amazon Warriors, one of the six teams taking part in the tournament starting July 30.
The sponsorship is a multi-year agreement which covers all aspects of the tournament, from branding and uniforms to advertising, marketing and promotions.
“We feel it is important for the major corporate houses of the region to support this landmark initiative and intend to set an example by taking the title sponsorship of the event,” said New GPC executive chairman Ranjisingh “Bobby” Ramroop Wednesday.
“Combined with CPL’s media reach that will span the cricket world, we aim to take the Limacol brand and its family of products owned by New GPC Inc into the homes of all cricket fans around the world."
Limacol is an established brand distributed throughout the Caribbean as well as North America, Europe and Asia.
Organisers say the tournament will now be known as the Limacol CPL.
The inaugural league starts on July 30 in Barbados and concludes on Aug 24 in Trinidad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players