Limacol named CPL T20 title sponsors
Georgetown (Guyana):Limacol has been announced as title sponsors of the first ever Caribbean Premier T29 League (CPL) scheduled to get underway next month.
Limacol is a product of the Guyana Pharmaceutical Company (GPC), franchise owner of the Guyana Amazon Warriors, one of the six teams taking part in the tournament starting July 30.
The sponsorship is a multi-year agreement which covers all aspects of the tournament, from branding and uniforms to advertising, marketing and promotions.
“We feel it is important for the major corporate houses of the region to support this landmark initiative and intend to set an example by taking the title sponsorship of the event,” said New GPC executive chairman Ranjisingh “Bobby” Ramroop Wednesday.
“Combined with CPL’s media reach that will span the cricket world, we aim to take the Limacol brand and its family of products owned by New GPC Inc into the homes of all cricket fans around the world."
Limacol is an established brand distributed throughout the Caribbean as well as North America, Europe and Asia.
Organisers say the tournament will now be known as the Limacol CPL.
The inaugural league starts on July 30 in Barbados and concludes on Aug 24 in Trinidad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan