List of top 10 fastest ODI hundreds in cricket history
South African batsman AB De Villiers on Sunday scored the fastest hundred in the history of ODI cricket.
New Delhi: South African batsman AB De Villiers on Sunday scored the fastest hundred in the history of ODI cricket.
De Villiers' century came up in just 31 balls against the West Indies in the 2nd ODI at Johannesburg.
The 30-year-old arrived at the crease after a 247-run opening wicket partnership between Rilee Rossouw and Hashim Amla, who both went on to make hundreds.
De Villiers' hundred included 8 boundaries and 10 sixes.
The South African broke the record of New Zealand batsman Corey Anderson who scored a hundred off 36 balls against West Indies last year.
De Villiers finally departed for 149 off 44 balls with 16 sixes and 9 boundaries.
AB got to his fifty in just 16 balls, breaking Sanath Jayasuriya's 19-year record for the fastest ODI fifty.
Following is a list of the top 10 fastest ODI centurions.
1) AB de Villiers (South Africa) - 31 balls against West Indies in Johannesburg on January18, 2015.
2) Corey Anderson (New Zealand) - 36 balls against West Indies in Queenstown on January 1, 2014.
3) Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) - 37 balls against Sri Lanka in Nairobi on October 4, 1996.
4) Mark Boucher (South Africa) - 44 balls against Zimbabwe in Potchefstroom on September 20, 2006.
5) Brian Lara (West Indies) - 45 balls against Bangladesh in Dhaka on October 9, 1999.
6) Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) - 45 balls against India in Kanpur on April 15, 2005.
7) Jesse Ryder (New Zealand) - 46 balls against West Indies in Queenstown on January 1, 2014.
8) Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) - 48 balls against Pakistan in Singapore on April 2, 1996.
9) Kevin O`Brien (Ireland) - 50 balls against England in Bangalore on March 2, 2011.
10) Virat Kohli (India) - 52 balls against Australia in Jaipur on October 16, 2013.
With agency inputs