LIVE IPL Spot-Fixing: Shirke rules out come back chances
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Former Cricket Board Treasurer Ajay Shirke reiterated that he would not come back to the BCCI and take up any position despite requests from acting BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya.
Earlier on Sunday, former Cricket Board Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and Treasurer Ajay Shirke had made it clear that they had no intention of returning to the BCCI despite being requested by the working committee members to reconsider their decision to resign.
Jagdale, along with former Shirke, quit from their respective posts on Friday in the wake of the spot-fixing and betting scandal that rocked Indian cricket.
"They were unanimous in asking us (Shirke) to take back the resignation, but I feel bad that I cannot respond in a positive manner," Jagdale had said in Indore after the Emergent Working Committee.
Shirke had said, "I don`t want to act pricey or displease anyone, but I cannot continue."
Bowing to all-round pressure, N Srinivasan on Sunday had agreed to "step aside" as BCCI President under a compromise formula that brought back former Chief Jagmohan Dalmiya as head of a four-member "interim arrangement" to run the Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof