LIVE IPL Spot-Fixing: Shirke rules out come back chances
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Former Cricket Board Treasurer Ajay Shirke reiterated that he would not come back to the BCCI and take up any position despite requests from acting BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya.
Earlier on Sunday, former Cricket Board Secretary Sanjay Jagdale and Treasurer Ajay Shirke had made it clear that they had no intention of returning to the BCCI despite being requested by the working committee members to reconsider their decision to resign.
Jagdale, along with former Shirke, quit from their respective posts on Friday in the wake of the spot-fixing and betting scandal that rocked Indian cricket.
"They were unanimous in asking us (Shirke) to take back the resignation, but I feel bad that I cannot respond in a positive manner," Jagdale had said in Indore after the Emergent Working Committee.
Shirke had said, "I don`t want to act pricey or displease anyone, but I cannot continue."
Bowing to all-round pressure, N Srinivasan on Sunday had agreed to "step aside" as BCCI President under a compromise formula that brought back former Chief Jagmohan Dalmiya as head of a four-member "interim arrangement" to run the Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet