LIVE Spot-Fixing: Police trace Sreesanth’s spot-fixing money trail
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi police have traced Rs 5 lakh of the Rs 10 lakh that Sreesanth received from the bookies as payments for his involvement in spot-fixing.
The Kerala pacer threw parties by using this money. He also bought two mobile phones for his female friends in Jaipur.
Police claimed that Sreesanth spent Rs 1.5 lakh, Rs 1.2 lakh, Rs 2.8 lakh for the three parties. They have recovered the copies of the bill and will use it as evidence.
Sreesanth`s friend Abhishek Shukla, who allegedly helped in hiding the cricketer`s money and some articles soon after his arrest, was among the four fresh arrests, a senior police official said.
Shukla, who joined investigations yesterday, has been charged under section 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and taken to Mumbai for recovery of articles and money owned by Sreesanth which he had hidden, sources said.
"We have accounted for Rs 5 lakh out of the Rs 10 lakh Sreesanth got for alleged spot-fixing. Shukla has allegedly hidden the remaining amount belonging to Sreesanth as well as Jiju Janardhan, the cricketer`s friend.
"Soon after Sreesanth`s arrest, Jiju made a call to Shukla asking to clean up Sreesanth`s room," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security