LIVE Spot-Fixing: Police trace Sreesanth’s spot-fixing money trail
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi police have traced Rs 5 lakh of the Rs 10 lakh that Sreesanth received from the bookies as payments for his involvement in spot-fixing.
The Kerala pacer threw parties by using this money. He also bought two mobile phones for his female friends in Jaipur.
Police claimed that Sreesanth spent Rs 1.5 lakh, Rs 1.2 lakh, Rs 2.8 lakh for the three parties. They have recovered the copies of the bill and will use it as evidence.
Sreesanth`s friend Abhishek Shukla, who allegedly helped in hiding the cricketer`s money and some articles soon after his arrest, was among the four fresh arrests, a senior police official said.
Shukla, who joined investigations yesterday, has been charged under section 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and taken to Mumbai for recovery of articles and money owned by Sreesanth which he had hidden, sources said.
"We have accounted for Rs 5 lakh out of the Rs 10 lakh Sreesanth got for alleged spot-fixing. Shukla has allegedly hidden the remaining amount belonging to Sreesanth as well as Jiju Janardhan, the cricketer`s friend.
"Soon after Sreesanth`s arrest, Jiju made a call to Shukla asking to clean up Sreesanth`s room," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!