Llong, Nero to umpire at India-Sri Lanka tri-series final
Port-of-Spain: English umpire Nigel Llong and Trinidadian Peter Nero will officiate in the final of the Celkon Mobile Cup tri-Series between India and Sri Lanka at the Queen`s Park oval here on Thursday.
Joel Wilson, another umpire from Trinidad & Tobago, will handle TV replay duties and Nigel Duguid of Guyana will be the reserve umpire.
Former Australia batsman David Boon will replace former New Zealand captain Jeff Crowe as Match Referee for the game.
India booked a place in the final with an 81-run win over Sri Lanka in a rain-hit match on Tuesday.
India`s victory, inspired by impressive swing bowling from Bhuvneshwar Kumar, dashed the hopes of West Indies who were banking on a Sri Lankian victory to carry them through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj