Llong, Nero to umpire at India-Sri Lanka tri-series final
Port-of-Spain: English umpire Nigel Llong and Trinidadian Peter Nero will officiate in the final of the Celkon Mobile Cup tri-Series between India and Sri Lanka at the Queen`s Park oval here on Thursday.
Joel Wilson, another umpire from Trinidad & Tobago, will handle TV replay duties and Nigel Duguid of Guyana will be the reserve umpire.
Former Australia batsman David Boon will replace former New Zealand captain Jeff Crowe as Match Referee for the game.
India booked a place in the final with an 81-run win over Sri Lanka in a rain-hit match on Tuesday.
India`s victory, inspired by impressive swing bowling from Bhuvneshwar Kumar, dashed the hopes of West Indies who were banking on a Sri Lankian victory to carry them through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley