Llong, Nero to umpire at India-Sri Lanka tri-series final
Port-of-Spain: English umpire Nigel Llong and Trinidadian Peter Nero will officiate in the final of the Celkon Mobile Cup tri-Series between India and Sri Lanka at the Queen`s Park oval here on Thursday.
Joel Wilson, another umpire from Trinidad & Tobago, will handle TV replay duties and Nigel Duguid of Guyana will be the reserve umpire.
Former Australia batsman David Boon will replace former New Zealand captain Jeff Crowe as Match Referee for the game.
India booked a place in the final with an 81-run win over Sri Lanka in a rain-hit match on Tuesday.
India`s victory, inspired by impressive swing bowling from Bhuvneshwar Kumar, dashed the hopes of West Indies who were banking on a Sri Lankian victory to carry them through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray