Llong, Nero to umpire at India-Sri Lanka tri-series final
Port-of-Spain: English umpire Nigel Llong and Trinidadian Peter Nero will officiate in the final of the Celkon Mobile Cup tri-Series between India and Sri Lanka at the Queen`s Park oval here on Thursday.
Joel Wilson, another umpire from Trinidad & Tobago, will handle TV replay duties and Nigel Duguid of Guyana will be the reserve umpire.
Former Australia batsman David Boon will replace former New Zealand captain Jeff Crowe as Match Referee for the game.
India booked a place in the final with an 81-run win over Sri Lanka in a rain-hit match on Tuesday.
India`s victory, inspired by impressive swing bowling from Bhuvneshwar Kumar, dashed the hopes of West Indies who were banking on a Sri Lankian victory to carry them through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?
- OP Jaisha's illness delays Sports Ministry probe into official apathy
- Subramanian Swamy moves SC for urgent hearing on plea against ban on CSK
- Leander Paes, Andre Begemann knock out top seeds in ATP Winston-Salem Open