Lord’s Test: England beat New Zealand by 170 runs
Zee Media Bureau
London: Paceman Stuart Broad destroyed New Zealand batting in the second innings of the first Test at Lord’s as England crushed the visitors by 170 runs on the fourth day on Sunday.
Broad ended with eight wickets in the Test – taking one in first while claiming careers-best 7/44 in the second – as New Zealand were bundled out for 68 runs.
England posted 232 in their first innings and then as the restricted the Kiwis to 207 to take lead of 25 runs. In the second, Tim Southee took six wickets as the home team could only manage 213 setting a target of 233 runs.
England: 232 all-out (1st innings) and 213 all-out (2nd innings)
New Zealand: 207 all-out (1st innings) and 68 all-out (2nd innings)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred