Lord’s Test: England beat New Zealand by 170 runs
Zee Media Bureau
London: Paceman Stuart Broad destroyed New Zealand batting in the second innings of the first Test at Lord’s as England crushed the visitors by 170 runs on the fourth day on Sunday.
Broad ended with eight wickets in the Test – taking one in first while claiming careers-best 7/44 in the second – as New Zealand were bundled out for 68 runs.
England posted 232 in their first innings and then as the restricted the Kiwis to 207 to take lead of 25 runs. In the second, Tim Southee took six wickets as the home team could only manage 213 setting a target of 233 runs.
England: 232 all-out (1st innings) and 213 all-out (2nd innings)
New Zealand: 207 all-out (1st innings) and 68 all-out (2nd innings)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends