Lorgat-Patel meeting fails to break impasse on India`s SA tour
Dubai: The uncertainty over India`s proposed cricket tour of South Africa persisted and a final decision in this regard will only be taken after the BCCI`s AGM in Chennai on September 29.
The BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel and Cricket South Africa CEO Haroon Lorgat had a meeting yesterday on the sidelines of the ICC`s Chief Executives conclave but the discussions failed to break the deadlock.
Lorgat said he remained hopeful of a solution.
"I am happy to say that we had a constructive meeting and I would like to thank Sanjay for his friendliness and support in trying to find a way forward," Lorgat said in the CSA release.
"After listening to Sanjay, it is clear that we will now have to wait for the BCCI`s AGM to be completed before any tour schedule can be confirmed," he said.
Lorgat, whose run-ins with the BCCI began during his days as ICC Chief Executive officer, said the Presidents of the two Boards will meet after the BCCI AGM.
"Our Board Presidents are also in discussion and we will now arrange for them to meet soon after the BCCI AGM. It is key for all of us to make sure that the good relationship between our respective Boards is maintained and, in fact, strengthened and that we also honour the proud history between our two countries," he said.
The itinerary, as announced by CSA in July, contained three Tests, seven ODIs and two Twenty20s but BCCI vehemently objected to the schedule, saying there were not consulted.
Reports suggested that CSA`s appointment of Lorgat as the Board CEO irked the BCCI and that is seen as one of the primary reasons for this delay in announcement.
BCCI has since then reduced the window for the tour, which was due to begin on November 18 and end on January 19 by a scheduling a home series against West Indies and bringing forward their tour to New Zealand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble