Louis von Zeuner to be new CSA chairman
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa today approved the selection of Louis von Zeuner as the new chairman of the board along with four independent directors.
The selection follows an extensive two-month process carried out by the Independent Nominations Committee (INC).
Apart from Von Zeuner, Dawn Mokhobo, Vusi Pikoli, Mohamed Igbal Khan and Geoff Whyte will serve on the new CSA board.
Von Zeuner is currently the deputy group chief executive of banking group Absa.
The Independent Board members are expected to be ratified by the Members` Forum at the annual meeting on October 27 while the five non-independent members will be voted in at the same meeting.
But the decision is expected to face a challenge from former CSA president Norman Arendse, who according to insiders was named as the best person from among the interviewees to be the new president.
Arendse resigned three years ago after facing a no confidence vote from the majority of provincial affiliates on the CSA board.
Some of those same affiliates nominated him for a position as director this time round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official