Louis von Zeuner to be new CSA chairman
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa today approved the selection of Louis von Zeuner as the new chairman of the board along with four independent directors.
The selection follows an extensive two-month process carried out by the Independent Nominations Committee (INC).
Apart from Von Zeuner, Dawn Mokhobo, Vusi Pikoli, Mohamed Igbal Khan and Geoff Whyte will serve on the new CSA board.
Von Zeuner is currently the deputy group chief executive of banking group Absa.
The Independent Board members are expected to be ratified by the Members` Forum at the annual meeting on October 27 while the five non-independent members will be voted in at the same meeting.
But the decision is expected to face a challenge from former CSA president Norman Arendse, who according to insiders was named as the best person from among the interviewees to be the new president.
Arendse resigned three years ago after facing a no confidence vote from the majority of provincial affiliates on the CSA board.
Some of those same affiliates nominated him for a position as director this time round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter