Louis von Zeuner to be new CSA chairman
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa today approved the selection of Louis von Zeuner as the new chairman of the board along with four independent directors.
The selection follows an extensive two-month process carried out by the Independent Nominations Committee (INC).
Apart from Von Zeuner, Dawn Mokhobo, Vusi Pikoli, Mohamed Igbal Khan and Geoff Whyte will serve on the new CSA board.
Von Zeuner is currently the deputy group chief executive of banking group Absa.
The Independent Board members are expected to be ratified by the Members` Forum at the annual meeting on October 27 while the five non-independent members will be voted in at the same meeting.
But the decision is expected to face a challenge from former CSA president Norman Arendse, who according to insiders was named as the best person from among the interviewees to be the new president.
Arendse resigned three years ago after facing a no confidence vote from the majority of provincial affiliates on the CSA board.
Some of those same affiliates nominated him for a position as director this time round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 10 killed, 19 hurt as bus falls in canal; 3 die in car mishap
- People closer to family less likely to die early
- J-K: Militant hideout busted, huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered
- Indian origin ex-husband of step-mom accused of killing girl arrested in US
- US, South Korea begin joint drills amid tension after defection