Louis von Zeuner to be new CSA chairman
Johannesburg: Cricket South Africa today approved the selection of Louis von Zeuner as the new chairman of the board along with four independent directors.
The selection follows an extensive two-month process carried out by the Independent Nominations Committee (INC).
Apart from Von Zeuner, Dawn Mokhobo, Vusi Pikoli, Mohamed Igbal Khan and Geoff Whyte will serve on the new CSA board.
Von Zeuner is currently the deputy group chief executive of banking group Absa.
The Independent Board members are expected to be ratified by the Members` Forum at the annual meeting on October 27 while the five non-independent members will be voted in at the same meeting.
But the decision is expected to face a challenge from former CSA president Norman Arendse, who according to insiders was named as the best person from among the interviewees to be the new president.
Arendse resigned three years ago after facing a no confidence vote from the majority of provincial affiliates on the CSA board.
Some of those same affiliates nominated him for a position as director this time round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon