Luus replaces Devnarain in South African women`s squad
Cuttack: Sune Luus replaced Dinesha Devnarain in the South African squad for the ongoing ICC Women`s World Cup here on Monday.
ICC`s Event Technical Committee approved the replacement for the event which concludes Feb 17. Devnarain had to return to South Africa for personal reasons and will be unable to compete any further in the event.
Luus, 17, has represented South Africa in two One-Day Internationals (ODI) and represents Northerns Women when playing domestic cricket. She is a right-hand batter and a legbreak spinner from Pretoria and replaces Devnarain who is a right-hand batter and right-arm medium-pacer.
The Event Technical Committee of the ICC Women`s World Cup consists of Geoff Allardice (ICC chairman), Suru Nayak (host representative), Campbell Jamieson (IDI representative), Anjali Pendharkar (host representative), Alan Wilkins (independent nomination), and Melanie Jones (independent nomination).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India