Luus replaces Devnarain in South African women`s squad
Cuttack: Sune Luus replaced Dinesha Devnarain in the South African squad for the ongoing ICC Women`s World Cup here on Monday.
ICC`s Event Technical Committee approved the replacement for the event which concludes Feb 17. Devnarain had to return to South Africa for personal reasons and will be unable to compete any further in the event.
Luus, 17, has represented South Africa in two One-Day Internationals (ODI) and represents Northerns Women when playing domestic cricket. She is a right-hand batter and a legbreak spinner from Pretoria and replaces Devnarain who is a right-hand batter and right-arm medium-pacer.
The Event Technical Committee of the ICC Women`s World Cup consists of Geoff Allardice (ICC chairman), Suru Nayak (host representative), Campbell Jamieson (IDI representative), Anjali Pendharkar (host representative), Alan Wilkins (independent nomination), and Melanie Jones (independent nomination).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder