Luus replaces Devnarain in South African women`s squad
Cuttack: Sune Luus replaced Dinesha Devnarain in the South African squad for the ongoing ICC Women`s World Cup here on Monday.
ICC`s Event Technical Committee approved the replacement for the event which concludes Feb 17. Devnarain had to return to South Africa for personal reasons and will be unable to compete any further in the event.
Luus, 17, has represented South Africa in two One-Day Internationals (ODI) and represents Northerns Women when playing domestic cricket. She is a right-hand batter and a legbreak spinner from Pretoria and replaces Devnarain who is a right-hand batter and right-arm medium-pacer.
The Event Technical Committee of the ICC Women`s World Cup consists of Geoff Allardice (ICC chairman), Suru Nayak (host representative), Campbell Jamieson (IDI representative), Anjali Pendharkar (host representative), Alan Wilkins (independent nomination), and Melanie Jones (independent nomination).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi