Lyon bats for Ashton Agar and Fawad Ahmed
London: Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that left-arm spinner Ashton Agar and Pakistani leg spinner Fawad Ahmed have chances of being selected in the Ashes squad provided selectors decide to include a second specialist spinner.
Lyon is the only specialist spinner in the 16-player squad for the Ashes series in England, Herald Sun reports.
Lyon has claimed that Agar might be the second specialist spinner for the Ashes, if the selectors plan to add another spinner to bring up the squad to 17 players.
While Agar`s 22 wickets in six matches at an average of 29.40 in his debut Sheffield Shield season could not make him a part of the squad, Lyon believes that Agar might show his bowling talents in England.
However, leg spinner Ahmed, who is currently training with the Ashes squad in Brisbane, is thought by Lyon to be an exceptional bowler.
Lyon dispelled notions that he was feeling pressure being the sole specialist spinner in the squad for Ashes and hopes to maintain his position in the team if he performs well, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez