Lyon bats for Ashton Agar and Fawad Ahmed
London: Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that left-arm spinner Ashton Agar and Pakistani leg spinner Fawad Ahmed have chances of being selected in the Ashes squad provided selectors decide to include a second specialist spinner.
Lyon is the only specialist spinner in the 16-player squad for the Ashes series in England, Herald Sun reports.
Lyon has claimed that Agar might be the second specialist spinner for the Ashes, if the selectors plan to add another spinner to bring up the squad to 17 players.
While Agar`s 22 wickets in six matches at an average of 29.40 in his debut Sheffield Shield season could not make him a part of the squad, Lyon believes that Agar might show his bowling talents in England.
However, leg spinner Ahmed, who is currently training with the Ashes squad in Brisbane, is thought by Lyon to be an exceptional bowler.
Lyon dispelled notions that he was feeling pressure being the sole specialist spinner in the squad for Ashes and hopes to maintain his position in the team if he performs well, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok