Lyon bats for Ashton Agar and Fawad Ahmed
London: Australian Test spinner Nathan Lyon has said that left-arm spinner Ashton Agar and Pakistani leg spinner Fawad Ahmed have chances of being selected in the Ashes squad provided selectors decide to include a second specialist spinner.
Lyon is the only specialist spinner in the 16-player squad for the Ashes series in England, Herald Sun reports.
Lyon has claimed that Agar might be the second specialist spinner for the Ashes, if the selectors plan to add another spinner to bring up the squad to 17 players.
While Agar`s 22 wickets in six matches at an average of 29.40 in his debut Sheffield Shield season could not make him a part of the squad, Lyon believes that Agar might show his bowling talents in England.
However, leg spinner Ahmed, who is currently training with the Ashes squad in Brisbane, is thought by Lyon to be an exceptional bowler.
Lyon dispelled notions that he was feeling pressure being the sole specialist spinner in the squad for Ashes and hopes to maintain his position in the team if he performs well, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today