Lyon boosts Oz Ashes hopes after promising display in Taunton warm-up.
Sydney: The British media might think Nathan Lyon is not fit for England`s third-string line-up but the Australian spinner is displaying through his performance in warm-up games that he is ready for the Ashes series.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lyon is a person who places importance on personal pride despite projecting a country-boy image, adding that he would have the sternest test of his career in England.
In Australia A`s practice match against Somerset in Taunton, Lyon took four wickets, including three in the second innings, with full control and shape in his deliveries but a lapse in consistency which new coach Darren Lehmann wants to address.
However, the media have argued that Grame Swann, along with Monty Panesar and James Tredwell had much more talent compared to the Aussie spinner, who has a task on his hand to improve his Test bowling average of 33, along with dealing with the presence of Fawad Ahmed and Ashton Agar.
South Australian player Dan Christian described Lyon as someone who was hard on himself, self-motivated and willing to put extra hours to hone skills.
In some advice for the player, commentator Damien Fleming said that Lyon should studyGraeme Swann to prepare well for the Ashes, adding that he was a traditional off-spinner who had achieved success even without a doosra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more