Lyon in high spirits ahead of Gabba Test despite modest form of late
Sydney: Australia off spinner Nathan Lyon has said he is happy with his preparation for the first Test match against South Africa at The Gabba, in Brisbane, starting on November 9, despite displaying modest form in domestic competitions of late.
The 24-year-old has collected six wickets in the Sheffield Shield for South Australia at an average of 66.33 this season following a lackluster Australia A tour of England and notably took a battering in an interstate match at the Gabba earlier this month, but has still been named alongside four fast bowlers in the squad.
Lyon has been earmarked as a possible 12th man in Brisbane but he is confident of being part of Michael Clarke`s final eleven against South Africa, believing he is not far from returning to his best.
“I`ve been quite happy with the way they`ve come out,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Lyon, as saying.
“I`ve been creating chances and unfortunately they haven`t been held. I love bowling there just because of the bounce … and early on day one it tends to spin a little bit with a bit of tackiness under the pitch,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city