Lyon tapping on Swann’s tactics to prepare for testing times in India
Sydney: Australian spin bowler Nathan Lyon has said he studied Graham Swann’s effort in England’s Test series win over India on the subcontinent to prepare for the toughest challenge of his career.
Lyon’s only experience of conditions in India was restricted to a few games of Twenty20 for South Australia in the Champions League.
However, he said watching how Swann and Monty Panesar bowled for England provided him with some tremendous insights.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Lyon said that it was going to be the biggest challenge of his Test career so far, but he is looking forward to it.
He added that taking on the world’s best batsmen of spin on their conditions is a big challenge, but it excites him.
He said that he kept a close eye on the England-India Test series and watched how Monty Panesar and Graham Swann bowled and they did it particularly well.
Lyon, who has taken 61 wickets in his 19 matches, said he was welcoming the opportunity to work on his game and prepare for India by playing for South Australia in the Sheffield Shield, the report said.
He said that he was confident of his skill set and will do the job for Australia.
Lyon, who made his Test debut against Sri Lanka in 2011, said he was happy with the way he had progressed as Australia’s first-choice spinner, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert