Lyon under no pressure because of Ahmed: Clarke
Sydney: Australian captain, Michael Clarke insisted that Nathan Lyon need not be anxious with the increasing speculation of Fawad Ahmed`s addition to the 16-man squad ahead of the Ashes series.
Earlier Lyon was the only spinner in the team but there have been rising speculations about Pakistani-born leg-spinner Ahmed`s inclusion in the team.
According to a report, Lyon needs minor changes to citizen legislation. If the process is done without delay he could join the team in England by June 21 where Australia begins last of its three matches against Gloucestershire.
National selector John Inverarity had opened up the possibility of Ahmed joining the initial 16-man squad announced in April. However, Clarke dismisses the leg-spinner would overshadow Lyon.
Clark said that Inverarity had said that the team has picked up 16 and there is scope for other players, he never mentioned any individual player.
The Australian captain said he believes that Lyon is aware of his place in the team and he is very excited about getting over to England. Clarke added that he is at present worried about the first Test team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year