MacGill says ‘rushed’ Lyon’s spinning skills ‘spinning out of control’
Sydney: Former Test leg-spinner Stuart MacGill joined the critic’s bandwagon for Nathan Lyon, who claims the Australian is ‘rushing through’ and is losing control over his spinning skills.
Lyon failed to make a breakthrough in Sri Lanka`s second innings of the first Test in Hobart this week on a wearing pitch as pacemen Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc and Shane Watson claimed the 10 wickets to fall.
“He`s bowling too fast and too straight. Not just his deliveries are too fast but his overs are too fast. He`s rushing through,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted MacGill, as saying.
According to the paper, the 25-year-old off-spinner Lyon`s record in 17 Tests features 56 wickets at 31.92.
He has conceded 2.80 runs an over. However, captain Michael Clarke backed his teammate and said he was confident that a bag of wickets is not far away for Lyon.
``He complements our attack really well, and I think you`re going to see days where he comes out and takes five wickets, and you`re going to see days where he can tie up an end and bowl plenty of dot balls to help the quicks take their wickets,`` Clarke said.
``I don`t think we can have the expectation on any player to walk out and perform every single time,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!