MacGill says ‘rushed’ Lyon’s spinning skills ‘spinning out of control’
Sydney: Former Test leg-spinner Stuart MacGill joined the critic’s bandwagon for Nathan Lyon, who claims the Australian is ‘rushing through’ and is losing control over his spinning skills.
Lyon failed to make a breakthrough in Sri Lanka`s second innings of the first Test in Hobart this week on a wearing pitch as pacemen Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc and Shane Watson claimed the 10 wickets to fall.
“He`s bowling too fast and too straight. Not just his deliveries are too fast but his overs are too fast. He`s rushing through,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted MacGill, as saying.
According to the paper, the 25-year-old off-spinner Lyon`s record in 17 Tests features 56 wickets at 31.92.
He has conceded 2.80 runs an over. However, captain Michael Clarke backed his teammate and said he was confident that a bag of wickets is not far away for Lyon.
``He complements our attack really well, and I think you`re going to see days where he comes out and takes five wickets, and you`re going to see days where he can tie up an end and bowl plenty of dot balls to help the quicks take their wickets,`` Clarke said.
``I don`t think we can have the expectation on any player to walk out and perform every single time,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks