Maharashtra boy scores unbeaten 451 in Cooch Behar Trophy
Nashik: Maharashtra`s opening batsman Vijay Zol has smashed an unbeaten 451 against Assam in a Under-19 Cooch Behar cricket match here.
The left-hander, who hails from Jalna district in Marathwada region, achieved the astonishing feat over two days at Anant Kanhere Grounds here in North Maharashtra.
Zol, who opened the innings for Maharashtra on the first day yesterday, faced 467 balls and today remained undefeated on 451, the highest-ever individual score in Cooch Behar`s history. His marathon innings was punctuated with 55 fours and two sixes.
The highest individual score in the prestigious Ranji Trophy stands in the name of Bhausaheb Nimbalkar, who hit 443 not out in 1948.
Maharashtra declared their first innings at 772 for 3 at tea interval on the second day of the four-day match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read