Maharashtra boy scores unbeaten 451 in Cooch Behar Trophy
Nashik: Maharashtra`s opening batsman Vijay Zol has smashed an unbeaten 451 against Assam in a Under-19 Cooch Behar cricket match here.
The left-hander, who hails from Jalna district in Marathwada region, achieved the astonishing feat over two days at Anant Kanhere Grounds here in North Maharashtra.
Zol, who opened the innings for Maharashtra on the first day yesterday, faced 467 balls and today remained undefeated on 451, the highest-ever individual score in Cooch Behar`s history. His marathon innings was punctuated with 55 fours and two sixes.
The highest individual score in the prestigious Ranji Trophy stands in the name of Bhausaheb Nimbalkar, who hit 443 not out in 1948.
Maharashtra declared their first innings at 772 for 3 at tea interval on the second day of the four-day match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen