Maharashtra boy scores unbeaten 451 in Cooch Behar Trophy
Nashik: Maharashtra`s opening batsman Vijay Zol has smashed an unbeaten 451 against Assam in a Under-19 Cooch Behar cricket match here.
The left-hander, who hails from Jalna district in Marathwada region, achieved the astonishing feat over two days at Anant Kanhere Grounds here in North Maharashtra.
Zol, who opened the innings for Maharashtra on the first day yesterday, faced 467 balls and today remained undefeated on 451, the highest-ever individual score in Cooch Behar`s history. His marathon innings was punctuated with 55 fours and two sixes.
The highest individual score in the prestigious Ranji Trophy stands in the name of Bhausaheb Nimbalkar, who hit 443 not out in 1948.
Maharashtra declared their first innings at 772 for 3 at tea interval on the second day of the four-day match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery