Maharashtra in command against Goa
Porvorim: Ankit Bawne(67) and Rohit Motwani (91) shared a partnership of 144 to steer Maharashtra to 443 in their first innings on the second day of the Ranji Plate `B` match against Goa on Friday.
Resuming at their overnight score of 286/4, Maharashtra batsmen continued to dictate terms against the Goan bowlers who toiled hard even as the visitors scored freely to post up a commanding total of 443.
Motwani who played some delightful shots was unlucky to miss his century by nine runs as he was bowled by Sherbahadur for 91.
Rohit who hit 12 fours in 188 balls in a stay of 269 minutes, shared a fifth wicket partnership with Ankit Bawane who made 67 with the help of six four and two sixes.
Robin D’ Souza who was the most successful bowler for the Goan side dismissed Kedar Yadhav(45) and Srikhant Mundhe(41) to take his career best haul of five wickets.
Saurabh Bandekar took two wickets while Vasant Sarvanan, Sherbhadur Yadav and Amit Yadhav took one wicket each.
In reply, Goa lost two wickets with the score at 48 in 24 overs when stumps were drawn.
Samad Fallah got the first break through when he plumbed opener Swapnil Asnodkar for 13. Shrikhant Mundhe then got rid of Abhishek Raut for 8. Vaibhav Naik(22) and Regan Pinto(4) remained not out when play ended.
Maharashtra 1st Innings 443 all out
Goa 1st Innings: 48/2 in 24 overs (Vaibhav Naik batting 22, Samad Fallah 12-5-13-1).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS