Maharashtra prevail over Kerala in Buchi Babu final
Chennai: Maharashtra`s openers rose to the occasion as they won the Buchi Babu cricket tournament beating Kerala by two wickets in the summit clash, on Tuesday.
On a day when Kerala off spinners shone, scalping the top five batsmen within 100 runs, Maharashtra openers Chirag Khurana (82 off 133 balls, 8x4) and Ashok Khadiwale (55 off 87 balls; 5x4, 1x6) laid a solid foundation by adding 110 runs in 28.3 overs.
Then, Chirag and Rohan Bhosale (31, 5x4) put on 46 runs for the second wicket in 13 overs, and another 34 for the third wicket with Rohit Motwani (46 off 87 balls, 1x4) to script the victory.
With 190 runs on the board and three batsmen back in the pavilion, Motwani and Ankit Bhawne (59 off 75 balls; 4x4, 1x6) consolidated the innings, adding 75 runs in 18.4 overs for the fourth wicket.
However, Maharashtra, who were four for 299 at one stage, lost four more wickets for addition of just eight runs. But Ajinkya Joshi (13 not out) and Dominic Joseph Muthusamy (6 not out) knocked off the required runs to reach the target.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars