Maharsahtra takes upperhand against HP
Pune: Middle-order batsman Ankit Bawane struck an unbeaten 138 as hosts Maharashtra dished out a commanding batting display to declare their first innings at 488 for six in reply to Himachal Pradesh`s 228 on the third day of a Group C Ranji Trophy match, here on Tuesday.
At stumps, HP were 98 for one in their second essay with Varun Sharma batting on 35 and Paras Dogra on 41. HP still trail Maharashtra by 162 runs with nine wickets in hand and a full day`s play remaining.
Earlier in the day, Bawne completed a fine century after resuming at his overnight score of 76.
Bawne`s 304-ball patient knock was laced with 12 hits to the fence.
Apart from Bawne, Shrikant Mundhe (58) scored a half-century off 96 balls which was studded with nine boundaries and one six.
Akshay Darekar remained unbeaten on 34 off 46 balls along with Bawane, but Chirag Khurana (43) departed after just adding six runs to his overnight score. For HP, Vikramjeet Malik (2/71) and Rishi Dhawan (2/131) shared four wickets between them.
Himachal Pradesh: 228 & 98 for one in 40 overs (Paras Dogra 41 batting, Varun Sharma 35 batting; Anupam Sanklecha 1/22).
Maharashtra: 488 for six decl in 145 overs (Ankit Bawane 138 batting, Harshad Khadiwale 92, Shrikant Mundhe 58; Vikramjeet Malik 2/71).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi