Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s security downgraded to Y from Z category
Ranchi: The security cover to Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been downgraded to Y from Z category by Jharkhand government, the state`s top police officer said on Monday.
The decision to reduce the security category of Dhoni was taken at a recent review meeting on security-related matters being provided to important personalities, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar said here.
He said the decision was taken on the basis of intelligence information that the cricketer has no threat.
The DGP said Dhoni used to get nine police personnel as per Z category security and following downgrading of security to Y category he would be provided with seven police personnel.
But there should not be any concern for his security as whenever he returns home it would be more than the Z category, Kumar said.
He said Dhoni was given Z security some months ago following intelligence report of some threat but now there was no such threat so the review committee decided to downgrade his security to Y category.
Dhoni`s residence is situated at Harmu in Ranchi. Whenever he is in town, he goes to Deori temple, about 50 km from the state capital, with some pockets of the route being Naxal-hit.
He also loves riding motor-cycle alone when in town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof