Majola disciplinary hearing over IPL bonuses delayed again
Johannesburg: The disciplinary hearing of Cricket South Africa (CSA) chief executive Gerald Majola has been delayed yet again, this time at the request of the board due to unavailability of one of its key witnesses.
CSA asked for a postponement till Wednesday.
The hearing was over one of the recommendations made by the Nicholson inquiry instituted by Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula, after nearly two years of internal wrangling at CSA over IPL 2 bonuses that Majola paid himself and other CSA staff irregularly.
IPL 2 was played in South Africa due to concerns around security at the time in India where elections were taking place.
The inquiry had recommended investigation of possible criminal charges against Majola.
The hearing, which was due to have been finalized by the end of May this year, was delayed several times after Majola successfully argued for the removal of the initial chairperson of his hearing, citing unfairness following a preliminary ruling he made in favour of CSA.
After Advocate Karel Tip was appointed as the new chairman, the hearing was again delayed from its scheduled October 3 start at the request of Majola`s legal team.
Tip dismissed on Friday a special plea by Majola`s team, which they believed would have settled the matter and allowed Majola to return to his position.
CSA`s lawyer Nicholas Preston said three key witnesses would testify at the hearing and more witnesses were currently being finalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note