Mamata asks Vilasrao Deshmukh to reconsider MCA ban on Shah Rukh
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again batted for Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan when she requested Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for reconsideration of the Maharashtra Cricket Association imposing 5-year ban on the entry of IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders owner to the Wankhede stadium.
Deshmukh is the president of the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
Banerjee took up the matter with Deshhmukh, the Union Science and Technology Minister who had accompanied the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the latter`s three-hour visit to the city today, sources said.
Shah Rukh, also West Bengal`s brand ambassador, was slapped a five-year ban by MCA on entering the Wankhede stadium after getting into an alleged scuffle with the MCA after a match against Mumbai Indians in the recent IPL tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof