Mamata asks Vilasrao Deshmukh to reconsider MCA ban on Shah Rukh
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again batted for Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan when she requested Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for reconsideration of the Maharashtra Cricket Association imposing 5-year ban on the entry of IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders owner to the Wankhede stadium.
Deshmukh is the president of the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
Banerjee took up the matter with Deshhmukh, the Union Science and Technology Minister who had accompanied the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the latter`s three-hour visit to the city today, sources said.
Shah Rukh, also West Bengal`s brand ambassador, was slapped a five-year ban by MCA on entering the Wankhede stadium after getting into an alleged scuffle with the MCA after a match against Mumbai Indians in the recent IPL tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed