Mamata asks Vilasrao Deshmukh to reconsider MCA ban on Shah Rukh
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again batted for Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan when she requested Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for reconsideration of the Maharashtra Cricket Association imposing 5-year ban on the entry of IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders owner to the Wankhede stadium.
Deshmukh is the president of the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
Banerjee took up the matter with Deshhmukh, the Union Science and Technology Minister who had accompanied the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the latter`s three-hour visit to the city today, sources said.
Shah Rukh, also West Bengal`s brand ambassador, was slapped a five-year ban by MCA on entering the Wankhede stadium after getting into an alleged scuffle with the MCA after a match against Mumbai Indians in the recent IPL tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers