Mamata asks Vilasrao Deshmukh to reconsider MCA ban on Shah Rukh
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again batted for Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan when she requested Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for reconsideration of the Maharashtra Cricket Association imposing 5-year ban on the entry of IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders owner to the Wankhede stadium.
Deshmukh is the president of the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
Banerjee took up the matter with Deshhmukh, the Union Science and Technology Minister who had accompanied the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the latter`s three-hour visit to the city today, sources said.
Shah Rukh, also West Bengal`s brand ambassador, was slapped a five-year ban by MCA on entering the Wankhede stadium after getting into an alleged scuffle with the MCA after a match against Mumbai Indians in the recent IPL tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years