Mamata asks Vilasrao Deshmukh to reconsider MCA ban on Shah Rukh
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again batted for Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan when she requested Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh for reconsideration of the Maharashtra Cricket Association imposing 5-year ban on the entry of IPL franchisee Kolkata Knight Riders owner to the Wankhede stadium.
Deshmukh is the president of the Maharashtra Cricket Association.
Banerjee took up the matter with Deshhmukh, the Union Science and Technology Minister who had accompanied the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the latter`s three-hour visit to the city today, sources said.
Shah Rukh, also West Bengal`s brand ambassador, was slapped a five-year ban by MCA on entering the Wankhede stadium after getting into an alleged scuffle with the MCA after a match against Mumbai Indians in the recent IPL tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links
- Can't be blamed if my sermons inspire jihadists: Zakir Naik
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android