Manoj Tiwari to lead East Zone in Deodhar; Shukla injured
Kolkata: Manoj Tiwari will lead East Zone in the absence of an injured Laxmi Ratan Shukla in the Deodhar trophy matches in Jaipur from March 6.
"Laxmi injured his groin while playing for Bengal in the Ranji trophy match at Tripura recently. He will also miss the inter-state knock-out round of the Vijay Hazare trophy," Bengal selector Sambaran Banerjee today said.
Doctors have advised Shukla to take rest for about a fortnight.
East Zone senior selection committee, under the chairmanship of national selector Raja Venkat, met here yesterday and named the fifteen member East Zone team for Deodhar trophy with Bengal skipper Manoj Tiwari as its captain.
East Zone team will assemble here on March 2 and after after a couple of days training, they will leave for Jaipur on March 5.
Last year`s finalists East Zone will play their first match against West Zone on March 7.
Following is the East Zone team for the Deodhar matches.
Manoj Tiwari (captain), Wriddhiman Saha, Mohammad Sami Ahmed, Ashok Dinda, Iresh Saxena (all from Bengal), Saurav Tiwari (vice-captain), Ishank Jaggi, Akash Verma, Y Krishnamurthy and Varun Aaron (all from Jharkhand), Paresh Patel and Biplab Samantaray (both Orissa), Amit Sinha and Arlene Kanwar (both Assam) and Gopesh Bhowmick (Tripura).
Coach - Subhajit Saikia (Assam).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred