Manzoor added to Pak Test squad for the Kiwi tour
Karachi: Pakistan on Thursday included young opener Khurrum Manzoor in its Test squad for the New Zealand tour, ending comeback hopes of senior duo of Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Malik.
Both Yousuf and Malik were not part of the original 14-man squad but chief selector Mohsin Khan had said one of them could join the squad later on, if required.
However, Thursday’s decision of giving that vacant spot to Manzoor has dashed the hopes of both Yousuf and Malik.
Manzoor, who last played for Pakistan in the Test series against Australia earlier this year, is presently touring West Indies with the Pakistan A team.
Manzoor inclusion means that the selectors, with the consent of the Cricket Board, have decided that Yousuf and Malik have no role to play in the national team at present.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram