Manzoor added to Pak Test squad for the Kiwi tour
Karachi: Pakistan on Thursday included young opener Khurrum Manzoor in its Test squad for the New Zealand tour, ending comeback hopes of senior duo of Mohammed Yousuf and Shoaib Malik.
Both Yousuf and Malik were not part of the original 14-man squad but chief selector Mohsin Khan had said one of them could join the squad later on, if required.
However, Thursday’s decision of giving that vacant spot to Manzoor has dashed the hopes of both Yousuf and Malik.
Manzoor, who last played for Pakistan in the Test series against Australia earlier this year, is presently touring West Indies with the Pakistan A team.
Manzoor inclusion means that the selectors, with the consent of the Cricket Board, have decided that Yousuf and Malik have no role to play in the national team at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi