Marcus North announces retirement from domestic Oz cricket
Sydney: Australian cricketer Marcus North has reportedly announced his retirement from first-class and domestic one-day cricket, saying that he believes he has `lost the fight` " required to remain a full-time professional cricketer after 15 years.
The 21- Test batsman has announced his retirement ranks after he was last month named Australia`s Sheffield Shield `Player of the Year` and leading run-scorer with 886 at an average of 63.28.
According to News.com.au, North, who played 117 games for his home state Western Australia, confessed that lingering doubts about being able to do it all again next season prompted thoughts of retirement, adding that to finish on a year like he just had is extra special for him.
However, North said that it has been very exhausting for him to maintain that level of success, adding that he is aware that he does not have the fight left to battle through and work hard when the times are not great for his team.
The former WA captain, who had England county stints at Derbyshire, Durham, Hampshire and Lancashire, also admitted that he was `nervous and emotional, but did not cry` on telling his teammates.
North will consider a coaching career into the near future as well as start a small personal business in the wine industry in England, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!