Maria Sharapova`s comment wasn't disrespectful, says Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to Maria Sharapova`s recent revelation of not knowing who is Sachin Tendulkar, the batting legend on Tuesday said that her comments wasn`t disrespectful as she doesn`t follow cricket.
Speaking to a leading news channel, Tendulkar said, "Sharapova`s comments were not disrespectful. She doesn`t follow cricket."
Recently, when the Russian tennis star was asked if she knew Tendulkar, she had responded in negative saying "I don`t".
Her comment created a huge outrage among Tendulkar fans, who decided to make Sharapova realise what kind of reputation and following Tendulkar has globally. Within hours of Sharapova`s comment, `Who Is Maria Sharapova` was seen trending worldwide on social micro-blogging site Twitter.
At the Wimbledon this year, Tendulkar was present at the Centre Court to watch a match between Rafael Nadal and Mikhail Kukushkin. The batting maestro was seated in the Royal Box along with former England cricket captain Andrew Strauss and former football captain David Beckham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes