Maria Sharapova`s comment wasn't disrespectful, says Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Reacting to Maria Sharapova`s recent revelation of not knowing who is Sachin Tendulkar, the batting legend on Tuesday said that her comments wasn`t disrespectful as she doesn`t follow cricket.
Speaking to a leading news channel, Tendulkar said, "Sharapova`s comments were not disrespectful. She doesn`t follow cricket."
Recently, when the Russian tennis star was asked if she knew Tendulkar, she had responded in negative saying "I don`t".
Her comment created a huge outrage among Tendulkar fans, who decided to make Sharapova realise what kind of reputation and following Tendulkar has globally. Within hours of Sharapova`s comment, `Who Is Maria Sharapova` was seen trending worldwide on social micro-blogging site Twitter.
At the Wimbledon this year, Tendulkar was present at the Centre Court to watch a match between Rafael Nadal and Mikhail Kukushkin. The batting maestro was seated in the Royal Box along with former England cricket captain Andrew Strauss and former football captain David Beckham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday