Marlon Samuels slams Warne’s misdemeanours
Wellington: Marlon Samuels has lambasted Shane Warne for his misdemeanours during their recent on-field spat in the Big Bash League’s (BBL) Melbourne derby.
Samuels said his recent quarrel with Warne would possibly have degenerated into fisticuffs had it occurred three years earlier.
In his first interview since suffering two eye-socket fractures during his team Melbourne Renegades match against local rival Melbourne Stars on January 6 at the MCG, Samuels claimed he was disgusted at Warne`s sledging of him.
Samuels also blasted the apparent apathy of the Stars players after he was struck in the eye after top-edging a Lasith Malinga bouncer.
Samuels said for him running right through his mind there and then was that he was not just representing himself as an individual but that he was also representing his family, Jamaica and the Renegades, adding his actions could be very disgraceful for all of them.
The stylish all-rounder added that there were a lot of kids in the ground since Twenty20 is about family, therefore, he couldn`t afford to react in a very bad way, adding three years ago he would have reacted in a very aggressive way, but added that he has been through a lot and he use all those things.
Samuels further said he could control himself and control his energy, adding he was able to come out on top with Warne.
The Caribbean star added Warne is supposed to be a legend in Australia, and further said that what Warne did to him has made him a legend now. Samuels said Warne’s actions were a result of a desperation, adding the way he got physical with him was way overboard.
Samuels also added he was staggered that after he was struck in the eye while batting, the only Stars player who sought to check on his welfare was the bowler, Malinga, adding he thought he was playing a game of cricket not a war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday