Marsh brothers cement their position in Oz team
Melbourne: Former cricketer Geoff Marsh’s two sons became just the second brothers, after Mike and David Hussey, to play T20 for Australia and the pair is all set to build a long future in the national set-up.
No.3 batsman Shaun, 28, capitalized on Ricky Ponting’s absence for one Test during the recent Sri Lanka tour to cement his place in the Australian Test team.
And now younger brother Mitchell, 19, has cashed on his opportunity in the Australian Twenty20 team made possible by the absence of Brett Lee and Shane Watson.
Shaun scored 141 in his debut Test against Sri Lanka last month and backed it up with an 81 in the next Test in Colombo, a leading daily reports.
In the second T20 International against South Africa in Johannesburg on Sunday, Mitch Marsh came in near the end of Australia`s innings and smashed 36 from 21, including four giant sixes, to make a strong case for a start in the one-day series that begins this week.
“Mitchell Marsh showed some bloody unbelievable strength with the bat to hit a couple of big balls. I’ve seen him do that before at domestic level for WA so it wasn’t a surprise in one aspect, but you don’t really expect that from someone playing their first game,” said skipper Cameron White.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog