Marsh down with gastro but will be fit for 3rd Test
Perth: As if poor form was not enough, Australian batsman Shaun Marsh is also battling a bout of gastro but is still expected to play in the third cricket Test against India starting here on Friday.
Marsh, who has scores of 0, 3 and 0 in the series so far, was to address the media here this morning but skipped the press conference due to the ailment.
The 28-year-old left-hander comes in at the crucial number three slot in the batting order. Senior batsman Michael Hussey who spoke to journalists in Marsh`s absence said the batman would be fit in time for the match.
"I`m sure he`s fine and he`ll be at training tomorrow with the boys, preparing as well as he can," Hussey said.
"He`ll be really looking forward to playing on his home ground in his first home Test. The WACA crowd always give the local guys a huge welcome and a louder roar than any other player, so he`s got plenty of motivation to play exceptionally well in this Test."
Hussey also felt that Marsh would be back in form soon. "I wouldn`t be surprised if he performs well in this Test match, " Hussey said.
"It`s always tough when you have been out of the game for over a month to be able to come straight back into Test match cricket and perform straight away.
"It does take a bit of time, but he has been working very hard and he`s been hitting the ball well in the nets, so it`s just a case of him being able to get through that first half an hour of his innings. If he gets a start, I`m sure he`ll want to turn it into a huge hundred," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla