Marsh down with gastro but will be fit for 3rd Test
Perth: As if poor form was not enough, Australian batsman Shaun Marsh is also battling a bout of gastro but is still expected to play in the third cricket Test against India starting here on Friday.
Marsh, who has scores of 0, 3 and 0 in the series so far, was to address the media here this morning but skipped the press conference due to the ailment.
The 28-year-old left-hander comes in at the crucial number three slot in the batting order. Senior batsman Michael Hussey who spoke to journalists in Marsh`s absence said the batman would be fit in time for the match.
"I`m sure he`s fine and he`ll be at training tomorrow with the boys, preparing as well as he can," Hussey said.
"He`ll be really looking forward to playing on his home ground in his first home Test. The WACA crowd always give the local guys a huge welcome and a louder roar than any other player, so he`s got plenty of motivation to play exceptionally well in this Test."
Hussey also felt that Marsh would be back in form soon. "I wouldn`t be surprised if he performs well in this Test match, " Hussey said.
"It`s always tough when you have been out of the game for over a month to be able to come straight back into Test match cricket and perform straight away.
"It does take a bit of time, but he has been working very hard and he`s been hitting the ball well in the nets, so it`s just a case of him being able to get through that first half an hour of his innings. If he gets a start, I`m sure he`ll want to turn it into a huge hundred," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog