New Delhi: In 2015, Martin Guptill emerged as one of the most dangerous ODI batsmen in world cricket .
With one innings to play in Nelson, he already has 1459 runs at an average of 56.11 for the year.
On Monday, the right-hander played yet another memorable innings against Sri Lanka to power his side to a 10-wicket win.
The 29-year-old hit a blistering knock of 93* runs off 30 balls in a display of box-office batsmanship.
As the opener enthralled the Christchurch crowd, here are five interesting facts from his blitzkrieg innings.
1) Guptill was dropped by Milinda Siriwardana off the first ball of the run chase.
2) He got to fifty in just 17 balls, the fastest ever by a Kiwi.
3) At one stage, Guptill (batting on 46 off 12 balls) was on the verge of breaking AB de Villiers' 16-ball fifty record.
4) After getting to fifty, the opener's next 43 runs came off just 13 balls.
5) He hit nine fours and eight sixes at a strike rate of 310.