Martin Guptill prefers Test cricket over Twenty20
Auckland: New Zealand batsman Martin Guptill has opted to play county cricket in England instead of the Twenty20 matches in the Indian Premier League.
Guptill believes that Test cricket will always remain his priority and he wants to play first class cricket so that he can improve which would ultimately benefit him in the upcoming Test series for New Zealand. “My main priority is still test cricket and playing first-class cricket over the winter is the best thing to improve that. We have a lot of tests coming up and doing well for New Zealand in test cricket is my main aim,” said Guptill.
This decision from Guptill will definitely impress the cricketing pundits, stuff.co.nz reports. His demand in the Indian Premier League is expected to rise after his innings of 120 not out of 60 balls for his team Auckland Aces against the Canterbury Rangiora``s at Mainpower Oval yesterday.
If Guptill can keep winning HRV Cup games for his Aces side, they could well qualify for the lucrative Twenty20 Champions League again and Guptill can show his hitting skills there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing