Martin Guptill prefers Test cricket over Twenty20
Auckland: New Zealand batsman Martin Guptill has opted to play county cricket in England instead of the Twenty20 matches in the Indian Premier League.
Guptill believes that Test cricket will always remain his priority and he wants to play first class cricket so that he can improve which would ultimately benefit him in the upcoming Test series for New Zealand. “My main priority is still test cricket and playing first-class cricket over the winter is the best thing to improve that. We have a lot of tests coming up and doing well for New Zealand in test cricket is my main aim,” said Guptill.
This decision from Guptill will definitely impress the cricketing pundits, stuff.co.nz reports. His demand in the Indian Premier League is expected to rise after his innings of 120 not out of 60 balls for his team Auckland Aces against the Canterbury Rangiora``s at Mainpower Oval yesterday.
If Guptill can keep winning HRV Cup games for his Aces side, they could well qualify for the lucrative Twenty20 Champions League again and Guptill can show his hitting skills there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra