Martin Guptill prefers Test cricket over Twenty20
Auckland: New Zealand batsman Martin Guptill has opted to play county cricket in England instead of the Twenty20 matches in the Indian Premier League.
Guptill believes that Test cricket will always remain his priority and he wants to play first class cricket so that he can improve which would ultimately benefit him in the upcoming Test series for New Zealand. “My main priority is still test cricket and playing first-class cricket over the winter is the best thing to improve that. We have a lot of tests coming up and doing well for New Zealand in test cricket is my main aim,” said Guptill.
This decision from Guptill will definitely impress the cricketing pundits, stuff.co.nz reports. His demand in the Indian Premier League is expected to rise after his innings of 120 not out of 60 balls for his team Auckland Aces against the Canterbury Rangiora``s at Mainpower Oval yesterday.
If Guptill can keep winning HRV Cup games for his Aces side, they could well qualify for the lucrative Twenty20 Champions League again and Guptill can show his hitting skills there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more
- Anil Kumble pips Ravi Shastri to become new coach of Team India