Marvan Atapattu, Mark Davis in line to be next Sri Lankan coach
Colombo: Former captain Marvan Atapattu is among the two front-runners for the post of Sri Lankan cricket team coach, SLC announced on Wednesday.
Atapattu is currently the batting coach of the national team.
Alongside Atapattu, Mark Davies, coach of English county side Sussex, is the other contender.
There were five candidates who were to face a seven-member panel but Steve Rixon, the current Australian fielding coach, did not turn up.
Sri Lanka Cricket is trying to find a successor for Graham Ford who will leave the job to take charge of Surrey in the English County Championship.
Sri Lankans Romesh Kaluwitharana and Ruwan Kalpage and Indians Venkatesh Prasad, Lalchand Rajput and Mohit Soni were the other shortlisted candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics