Marvan Atapattu, Mark Davis in line to be next Sri Lankan coach
Colombo: Former captain Marvan Atapattu is among the two front-runners for the post of Sri Lankan cricket team coach, SLC announced on Wednesday.
Atapattu is currently the batting coach of the national team.
Alongside Atapattu, Mark Davies, coach of English county side Sussex, is the other contender.
There were five candidates who were to face a seven-member panel but Steve Rixon, the current Australian fielding coach, did not turn up.
Sri Lanka Cricket is trying to find a successor for Graham Ford who will leave the job to take charge of Surrey in the English County Championship.
Sri Lankans Romesh Kaluwitharana and Ruwan Kalpage and Indians Venkatesh Prasad, Lalchand Rajput and Mohit Soni were the other shortlisted candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj