Marvan Atapattu, Mark Davis in line to be next Sri Lankan coach
Colombo: Former captain Marvan Atapattu is among the two front-runners for the post of Sri Lankan cricket team coach, SLC announced on Wednesday.
Atapattu is currently the batting coach of the national team.
Alongside Atapattu, Mark Davies, coach of English county side Sussex, is the other contender.
There were five candidates who were to face a seven-member panel but Steve Rixon, the current Australian fielding coach, did not turn up.
Sri Lanka Cricket is trying to find a successor for Graham Ford who will leave the job to take charge of Surrey in the English County Championship.
Sri Lankans Romesh Kaluwitharana and Ruwan Kalpage and Indians Venkatesh Prasad, Lalchand Rajput and Mohit Soni were the other shortlisted candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog