‘Master blaster’ Richards urges ICC to cut down number of T20s
London: Caribbean legend Viv Richards has urged the International Cricket Council (ICC) to slash the number of Twenty20 internationals and bring proper balance between all formats of cricket.
Richards believes the proliferation of T20 events around the world is killing the game and wants a quick solution to the growing menace.
“You can still have Twenty20 cricket, which can be a great asset in terms of what you miss with bums on seats as far as Test cricket is concerned,” the Daily Mirror quoted Richards, as saying.
“I just want balance, and if you have balance you will have a much better ratio of individuals wanting to represent their countries,” he added.
Richards hit out at ICC despite the West Indies last month being crowned world T20 champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured