‘Master blaster’ Richards urges ICC to cut down number of T20s
London: Caribbean legend Viv Richards has urged the International Cricket Council (ICC) to slash the number of Twenty20 internationals and bring proper balance between all formats of cricket.
Richards believes the proliferation of T20 events around the world is killing the game and wants a quick solution to the growing menace.
“You can still have Twenty20 cricket, which can be a great asset in terms of what you miss with bums on seats as far as Test cricket is concerned,” the Daily Mirror quoted Richards, as saying.
“I just want balance, and if you have balance you will have a much better ratio of individuals wanting to represent their countries,” he added.
Richards hit out at ICC despite the West Indies last month being crowned world T20 champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II