Mathews injured, Chamara Silva named as replacement
Colombo: Middle-order batsman Chamara Silva was on Friday hurriedly brought in to replace an injured Angelo Mathews in the Sri Lankan team for the two-match Test series against England. Sri Lanka Cricket said that Mathews` vice captaincy role will be taken over by Thilan Samaraweera.
Silva, the leading scorer in the just-concluded domestic season and a centurion in the three-day warm-up match against England which concluded yesterday, was not in the original 14-man squad announced earlier in the day. Silva, 32, returns to the side after a four-year lay-off, having played his last Test in the West Indies in April 2008.
The first Test begins in Galle on March 26 with the second match to be played in Colombo from April 3-7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe