Mathews says Indian team not vulnerable despite recent losses
Perth: Sri Lanka all-rounder Angelo Mathews has rejected suggestions that the Indian team is vulnerable, claiming they remain a world-class team despite losing the Test series 4-0 to Australia.
“India are a pretty good side and we can`t underestimate them at any stage. They can come hard at us at any time,” Mathews said in Perth.
“They’re a world-class team and they’re the current world champions, so we’ve got to play good cricket and be on our toes at all times,” he added.
The match will mark new coach Graham Ford’s first international match in charge of Sri Lanka after taking over from Australian Geoff Marsh.
Mathews said the team is eager to get Ford’s reign off to a winning start.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'