Matt Prior leads Auckland Test to a thrilling draw
Melbourne: England cricketer Matt Prior's century had helped his team salvage a draw in the third and the final Test against New Zealand in Auckland.
England finished the fifth day 9-315, with Prior unbeaten on 110 and No.11 Monty Panesar not out on 2.
Prior's ton ensured that England hung on for a draw and avoid a series defeat in the third Test in Auckland.
Ian Bell , who was out in the final over before tea, and Prior, shared England's best partnership of 78 and the longer they were together the more New Zealand regretted two dropped catches in the last over before lunch.
The series ended locked nil-all after the first two Tests were also drawn.
New Zealand has only won three of 32 series against England, with the last time being in England in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?