Matt Prior vows to regain place as England wicketkeeper
London: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has reportedly vowed to regain his place after being omitted from the team for Jonny Bairstow.
Prior admitted that he let down Alastair Cook as captain and Graham Gooch as batting coach.
The 31-year-old said that his hunger to play for England and get back in the team is as high as it has ever been, and he still had a lot of cricket left to play, the Guardian reports.
He said that at no stage he would want to be selected by England on reputation, and that one needs to perform to play for his country and he wasn`t doing that.
The report added that Prior`s place has been taken by Bairstow, but the Yorkshireman hasn`t been always the first-choice wicketkeeper for his native country and the role for England is very much up for grabs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion