Matt Prior vows to regain place as England wicketkeeper
London: England wicketkeeper Matt Prior has reportedly vowed to regain his place after being omitted from the team for Jonny Bairstow.
Prior admitted that he let down Alastair Cook as captain and Graham Gooch as batting coach.
The 31-year-old said that his hunger to play for England and get back in the team is as high as it has ever been, and he still had a lot of cricket left to play, the Guardian reports.
He said that at no stage he would want to be selected by England on reputation, and that one needs to perform to play for his country and he wasn`t doing that.
The report added that Prior`s place has been taken by Bairstow, but the Yorkshireman hasn`t been always the first-choice wicketkeeper for his native country and the role for England is very much up for grabs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Three killed as under-construction house collapses
- 'PM Modi's address to US Congress an opportunity to boost ties'
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Afzal guru row: JNU sends varsity probe report to Delhi Police
- Hardik Patel's PAAS rejects Gujarat govt's EBC quota scheme