Matthew Wade admits to ‘inconsistent glovework’
Sydney: Australian wicketkeeper Matthew Wade has admitted being inconsistent with his glovework in this summer`s Tests, and is hoping some sessions with legendary keeper Adam Gilchrist will help overcome his flaws.
While Wade said the pressure of being Australia`s Test wicketkeeper has risen, he added that if he dwells on his mistakes, it will eat him up.
“I`m disappointed. I don`t need to read what`s printed or what`s said in the media to get disappointed or for me to be thinking about my glovework,” the Hearld Sun quoted Wade, as saying.
"You can`t miss chances behind the stumps - it`s as simple as that, especially in Test cricket. I`m thankful this one (in Hobart) didn`t cost us as much as what it did in Adelaide,” he added.
According to the paper, a missed stumping off Graeme Smith and a dropped catch off Faf du Plessis cost Australia dearly in the drawn Adelaide Test against South Africa.
The gloveman, who turns 25 on Boxing Day, again missed a stumping chance, off Nuwan Kulasekara, in the first Test against Sri Lanka in Hobart, and blamed his missed opportunities on concentration lapses.
“Once the moment`s gone, you think ``was I there, 100 per cent? That`s the question you keep asking yourself," he said. However, the Tasmanian native said while his errors had come closer together than he would have liked, all keepers let chances slip sometimes and it was counterproductive reviewing his mistakes too heavily.
"If I`m going to dwell on that, it`s going to eat me up, so I`ve got to look forward at ways to improve," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH