Matthew Wade admits to ‘inconsistent glovework’
Sydney: Australian wicketkeeper Matthew Wade has admitted being inconsistent with his glovework in this summer`s Tests, and is hoping some sessions with legendary keeper Adam Gilchrist will help overcome his flaws.
While Wade said the pressure of being Australia`s Test wicketkeeper has risen, he added that if he dwells on his mistakes, it will eat him up.
“I`m disappointed. I don`t need to read what`s printed or what`s said in the media to get disappointed or for me to be thinking about my glovework,” the Hearld Sun quoted Wade, as saying.
"You can`t miss chances behind the stumps - it`s as simple as that, especially in Test cricket. I`m thankful this one (in Hobart) didn`t cost us as much as what it did in Adelaide,” he added.
According to the paper, a missed stumping off Graeme Smith and a dropped catch off Faf du Plessis cost Australia dearly in the drawn Adelaide Test against South Africa.
The gloveman, who turns 25 on Boxing Day, again missed a stumping chance, off Nuwan Kulasekara, in the first Test against Sri Lanka in Hobart, and blamed his missed opportunities on concentration lapses.
“Once the moment`s gone, you think ``was I there, 100 per cent? That`s the question you keep asking yourself," he said. However, the Tasmanian native said while his errors had come closer together than he would have liked, all keepers let chances slip sometimes and it was counterproductive reviewing his mistakes too heavily.
"If I`m going to dwell on that, it`s going to eat me up, so I`ve got to look forward at ways to improve," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof