Maxwell confident he can be Australia’s ‘X-factor’ at T20 WC
Sydney: Australia all rounder Glenn Maxwell is confident he can be the team’s x-factor during the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka, starting on September 18.
The emerging Victorian all-rounder has quickly established himself as a key player to Australia’s fortunes in the World Cup with a series of impressive hard-hitting performances against Pakistan in their recently concluded series in the UAE.
“Hopefully, I can be that x-factor that Australia needs to win this tournament,” The Age quoted Maxwell, as saying.
“It means being able to win the game through any sort of facet of the game. That could mean a run out, a brilliant catch, a breakthrough wicket with the ball or big hitting. I feel like I can become that x-factor in all three facets of the game and hopefully bring that flair that Australia really wants to see,” he added.
“I back my ability all the time, I don’t really have too many doubts. I’m very confident I can perform now at this level and continue to perform,” he said.
Maxwell added: “When I got the boys over the line at the end [against Pakistan], that gave me the confidence to do anything in the squad. It was definitely a breakthrough innings. Hopefully, a hundred is not too far away and it comes in this tournament.”
Australia would play their first group stage game at the T20 World Cup against Ireland on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'